Tuesday 2 July 2013

Parents trip to Toronto

...finally, you say! A non-race related post! :D

About time I posted about my parents visit to Canada in the last 2 weeks of May. It was already a month ago. Wow!

With races every weekend, time just flies.

Well, my parents visited me in Toronto for 10 days. Too short, its a shame really...a longer trip wouldn't have fit in either of our schedules, though.

They managed to visit several places, actually! Given that we really only had 1 weekend together:

- St. Jacobs/Elmira/Waterloo/Kitchener
- Niagara Falls
- Niagara on-the Lake
- Malls: Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, Square One, Heartland
- Maple, Vaughan, other local Toronto neighbourhoods.


Downtown Toronto - City Hall / Nathan Philips Square

Fountains/splash pool at Nathan Philips Square


Mom next to the old city hall in downtown Toronto

I declare that I am standing in front of the City Hall!
Awesome weather at the Farmer's Market in St. Jacobs!!

Piggy piggy!

Getting to know the nitty gritty on the types of Quinoa!

Too many choices, too little decision-making...

Good bakery deals!

Lets just walk past the fudge section, shall we?

Mom at our cousin's place in Maple
Riding the rocket!
I cant seem to find any pics of our Niagara trip, so I'll have to hunt those down. We also visited our cousins in Mississauga for a dinner in the same 1 weekend!


It was pretty hectic! But I managed to squeeze in a little 29 minute trip to visit my ol' Carleton buddy, Mikhail and his family on the way back from Niagara!



With Mikhail & sons ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment